The town of Topsfield is a small, rural town with a strong sense of community. Located approximately 20 miles north of Boston, Topsfield has a general population of 6,085 (2010 census) and occupies a land area of 12.8 square miles. With its rivers and rolling hills, this town boasts a tranquil setting with a quaint downtown and excellent school system. Outdoor activities abound here with Bradley Palmer State Park and The Audubon Society’s Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary, offering 12 miles of trails and the opportunity to canoe the Ipswich River. It's the home of America's Oldest Agricultural Fair, The Topsfield Fair, Alfalfa Farm Winery, and the historic Parson Capen House and Gould Barn.
Topsfield Parks & Recreation
The Parks and Recreation Department oversees several properties in Topsfield, including Hood’s Pond: a 68-acre pond with private beach, Klock Park: a park and sports venue, and Pye Brook Community Park.
Places to Dine in Topsfield
- Osteria Peppino Pizza: authentic wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizza in a relaxed, casual atmosphere
- Alex’s Roast Beef, Pizza and Seafood: a variety of choices-eat-in or order out
- Daybreak Café: full breakfast and lunch café serving New England coffees as well as bakery items
Places to Shop in Topsfield
- Essex County Co-op: old-fashioned country store with a unique blend of quality merchandise
- Bicycle Shop of Topsfield: quality bicycles and service for the North Shore cycling community
- Salt Box Gallery: fine arts and crafts marketplace for local artists and artisans.
Topsfield is a part of the Tri-Town School Union with two elementary schools within the town itself: The Proctor School and the Stewart School. In combination with Boxford and Middleton, the Topsfield middle and high schools are part of the Masconomet School District which has been rated in the top 20 schools of Massachusetts by Boston Magazine.
Living in Topsfield
Discover what is currently on the market in Topsfield, MA:
Contact us if you have questions or would like to learn more about Marblehead real estate.