The town of Swampscott is a beautiful and serene seaside community located approximately 12 miles northeast of Boston on the Atlantic coast. Swampscott is accessible by train service on the Boston to Newburyport and Gloucester lines. Established as a town in 1852, Swampscott has a general population of 14,600 and occupies a land area of 3.58 square miles. With its many beaches and close proximity to Boston, Swampscott grew into a popular summer destination in the 1800’s. Many who visited became citizens, building stately homes along the coastline. Today, Swampscott offers a friendly, welcoming, and nurturing family environment, an excellent pre-school to grade 12 public educational system, superb public safety and support systems, abundant youth sports opportunities, and a town government which is responsive to the needs of its citizens.
Swampscott Parks & Recreation
The Recreation Department has established recreation, cultural, and educational programs to enhance the opportunities for its residents. There are six beaches along the expansive coastline and many parks and playgrounds including Abbott Park, Hadley Playground, Linscott Park, and Phillips Park
- G Bar & Kitchen: food that is simple, yet elegant, ultimately satisfying and made with local ingredients
- Mission on the Bay: New England fare influenced by Brazilian and Asian cuisine with a view of the Boston skyline.
- Paradiso Ristorante: family-friendly restaurant with traditional dishes from the mother country
- Five Corners Kitchen: amazing memorable meals, many with a French culinary influence
- Volo Craft Pizza: more than just a pizza place. Their exotic pizza and sandwich menu is second to none.
Swampscott contains two shopping malls on Paradise Road: The Swampscott Mall and Vinnin Square Plaza. Name brand stores such as The Gap, Marshall’s, Home Goods and Paper Store are found here along with smaller businesses: Infinity Boutique, Kenneth Jon Jewelers, and The Craft Beer Cellar.
Living in Swampscott
Discover what is currently on the market in Swampscott, MA:
Contact J Barrett & Company if you have questions or would like to learn more about Ipswich real estate.