The Town of Middleton, incorporated in 1728, covers an area of approximately 14.5 square miles and is 23 miles north of Boston. It is primarily a residential community with some manufacturing activity. With a population of 9,436 (2016 census), Middleton began as a farming town and still has many open fields and recreational areas, including Middleton Pond and Andover Meadow Pond. There are two golf courses in town, The Middleton Golf Course, which is a public course and The Ferncroft Golf Course, which is privately owned. One of the fastest growing towns in Massachusetts, Middleton, is easily accessible by using Routes 95, Route 1, and Route 114.
Places to shop in Middleton
- Farmer Brown Farm Stand: freshest produce, quality meats and poultry, salad bar and homemade soups
- Richardson’s Farm Ice Cream: working dairy farm and old-fashion ice cream stand
- Eva’s Farm Organic Meats: meats from animals raised on small, local, sustainable farms
- Yankee Fireplace, Grill & Patio: all of your fireplace, grill and patio needs with products and support rivaled by none
Restaurants in Middleton
- Angelica’s Restaurant: European-trained chefs and a truly enjoyable dining experience
- Teresa’s Italian Eatery: the finest Italian dishes, along with many great American favorites, served in an upscale casual atmosphere
- Maggie’s Farm: globally influenced American fare, cocktails & craft beers in upbeat environment featuring live music
- Blue Fin Restaurant: traditional Japanese cuisine and the highest quality sushi
- Ruggieri's: Amazing roast beef is the star of the menu, but it also includes specialty sandwiches, and gourmet pizza.
Schools in Middleton
Middleton elementary schools are part of the Tri-Town Union with a mission to instill the joy of learning in all students, to promote academic excellence, to be supportive of children's social and emotional needs, to constantly strive for improvement in these areas. Within the borders of Middleton are two elementary schools, Fuller Meadow and the Howe-Manning. Students from Middleton join Boxford and Topsfield as part of the Maconomet Regional Middle and High Schools. Students here are actively engaged in their own learning and personal growth and are encouraged to be creative, think critically, work collaboratively, and exhibit positive character while interacting in a global and technology-centric society. Students also have the option of attending Essex Technical High School in the adjoining town of Danvers.
Search Real Estate in Middleton
Browse Real Estate for Sale in Middleton, MA by selecting a link below.
Contact us if you have questions or would like to learn more about Ipswich real estate.