Located in eastern Massachusetts on the northern shore of Massachusetts Bay, Lynn is comprised of 10.47 square miles with a population of 89,050 people, making it the 9th largest city in the state of Massachusetts. Only 11 miles south of Boston along the coast, Lynn is accessible by train and bus from the capital. Lynn is an urban manufacturing and commercial center, densely populated and culturally diverse. Residents are proud of the city's long history, which parallels the history of New England as a whole. Handsome summer estates were being built along its shore by the middle of the 19th century, which established the city as a fashionable Boston resort area. Settled by colonists from the in Salem in 1629 and incorporated as a city in 1850, Lynn offers all the amenities one would expect in an urban setting.
Things to do in Lynn
- Lynn Memorial Auditorium: one of the premier entertainment venues in the state!
- High Rock Tower: observe the stars with the Meade telescope at High Rock Tower and Observatory
- The Lynn Museum/Lynn Arts: a vibrant cultural center with changing exhibitions and innovative youth and adults programs
- The Grand Army of the Republic Hall largest GAR post in the country, built in 1885, with original furnishings & Civil War photos
- The Gannon Municipal Golf Course: 18 hole public golf course with challenging design and Tudor-style clubhouse for functions
- Lynn Shore & Nahant Beach Reservation: enjoy swimming in the ocean, launch your boat, or sunbathe on the beach
Restaurants in Lynn
- The Blue Ox: upscale, casual American restaurant offering traditional dishes in a non-traditional way
- Rossetti Restaurant: traditional Italian dishes in a contemporary candlelit ambiance
- Antique Table Restaurant: experience a Trattoria-style culinary tour of Italian food and culture
- Four Winds Pub & Grill: large deck right on the water with the best ribs in the area!
- D’Amici’s Artistry in Baking: huge variety of pastries, dinners to go, soups, & hot & cold sandwiches
- District 45: Dinner, cocktails, and brunch, experience Districts 45's causal diverse menu
- Los Chamos: authentic Venezuelan food purposely brought to the Boston area.
Places to shop in Lynn
- Zimman’s: full-service home décor store. Best of Boston, 2016 award for quality & excellence
- Ferguson Bath: expert help with the latest selection of bath, kitchen, appliance & lighting products
- Eblens: the best and most sought-after fashion inspired by today’s urban lifestyle
The Lynn School District’s mission is that all students will graduate from high school with the skills to make informed choices and pursue further learning as socially responsible citizens. The District is committed to providing an outstanding academic, cultural, and technologically rich education to its students through the work of excellent teachers with high expectations. Because of these commitments, the education for Lynn students can begin at age three with The Early Childhood Center. There are 18 elementary schools in the District: Aborn Elementary, Brickett Elementary, Callahan Elementary, Cobbet Elementary, Connor Elementary, Drewicz Elementary, Fallon Elementary, Ford Elementary, Harrington Elementary, Hood Elementary, Ingalls Elementary, Lincoln-Thompson, Lynn Woods Elementary, Sewall Elementary School, Shoemaker Elementary, Sisson Elementary, Tracy Elementary and Washington S.T.E.M. Elementary School; 3 Middle Schools: Breed Middle School, Thurgood Marshall Middle School, Pickering Middle School, and 4 High Schools: Classical High School, English High School, Fecteau-Leary School Jr/Sr High School and Lynn Vocational Technical Institute.
Living in Lynn, MA
Search Real Estate for Sale in Lynn
Contact us if you have questions or would like to learn more about Marblehead real estate.