Danvers is a small city on the Danvers River and is located between the northeast coastal towns of Beverly and Salem, just 20 miles north of Boston. It is primarily a residential community, occupying a land area of approximately 13.3 square miles, with an approximate population of 27,000. With a thriving downtown, a shopping center, and easy access to several major highways, Danvers is fortunate to have many open space and recreation opportunities including a vibrant marina, Endicott Park and a 4.3 mile rail trail that links to schools, downtown Danvers, parks, residential areas, and trails in the neighboring towns of Peabody, Wenham, and Topsfield.
Danvers Parks & Recreation
The Parks & Recreation Department of Danvers provides a balance of high-quality activities for participants of all ages including fitness, sports, science, nature, and music programs. Activities can be found at Danvers Recreation home page and in this chart. Below are some of the recreational options available:
- Endicott Park: hiking, fishing, picnicking, sledding, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing
- The Fun Club: a licensed after school child care program for grades K-5.
- Peabody Institute Library: the public library of Danvers, Massachusetts, established in 1854.
Dining in Danvers
- Blu Karma: Modern interpretation of classic Chinese dishes using high quality, fresh ingredients
- Nine Elm Bistro: intimate, chic dining where simplicity meets elegance in Danvers Square
- Daniella’s Café & Market: intimate café & market with classic Italian dishes, rolled pastas & pastries
- Sawasdee: tastefully prepared traditional Thai dishes in a serene environment
- I Pazzi: Modern Italian/Mediterranean cuisine with dishes that capture the flavors of the season
- New Brothers Restaurant: cafeteria-style, casual atmosphere with fast economical dining
Shopping in Danvers
Home to specialty downtown stores and the Liberty Tree Mall, as well as many locations to exercise and work out, Danvers has many options for all.
- Liberty Tree Mall: home to Macy’s, JC Penny’s, Target & Kohls’ among other independent stores
- Glitterati: unique & innovative fashions for specialty dress events: prom, pageant, weddings, etc.
- Cakes for Occasions: a nut-free, boutique-style gourmet cake and pastry shop
- McKinnon’s Market: best quality, value, and selection of meats, seafood, produce, deli, baked goods, and groceries
- Danvers Fresh Market: fresh produce, deli, sandwiches, salad bar & soup and much more! A hidden gem
- Exercise studios and clubs: Planet Fitness, YMCA, Barre N9NE, Title Boxing Gym, North Shore CrossFit
Schools in Danvers
The Danvers Public School District’s mission is to be a dynamic community of independent learners dedicated to respect, responsibility, creativity and the pursuit of academic and personal excellence. Comprised of five elementary schools, grades K-5: Great Oak Elementary School, Highlands Elementary, Riverside Elementary, Smith Elementary, and Thorpe Elementary, the Holton-Richmond Middle School and Danvers High School, which was renovated in 2014. Among the top 100 schools in Massachusetts as determined by Boston Magazine.
Located in the Hathorne section of Danvers, Essex Agricultural and Technical High School, built a new school in 2014. Students come from 17 surrounding school communities and the school offers 24 career technical programs in four academies: Animal and Plant Science, Technology and Services, Life and Natural Science, and Construction Technology.
Hotels in Danvers
Search Real Estate for Sale in Danvers
Select a link below to browse real estate for sale in Danvers, MA by property type.
Contact us if you have any questions.