Called the “Garden City” and less than 30 miles from Boston, Beverly has a
unique personality– small town charm coupled with a city identity that
includes several communities in picturesque settings:
- Beverly Farms - vibrant oceanfront community with a population of
about 3,500 “officially” extends from Manchester-by-the-Sea to Prides
Crossing and has a thriving downtown area.
- Beverly Cove - approximately one square mile and regarded as the oldest neighborhood in Beverly. The Cove has an active neighborhood association.
- Prides Crossing - historic area between Beverly Farms and Beverly Cove. Aside from a stop on the MBTA Commuter Rail, “Prides” has no formal boundaries. Most locals consider it to exist between numbers 407 and 600 Hale Street.
Excellent access to Route 128, five commuter rail stations, a municipal golf course and airport make Beverly a convenient place to work, visit or live. Easy access to miles of coastline, public parks and open spaces includes more than a half-dozen public beaches. Choices for live theater include the North Shore Music Theatre (theater in the round), the Larcom Theatre, and The Cabot.
Beverly’s downtown is dominated by locally owned shops, as well as unique cafés and restaurants.
Check out some of Beverly’s best places to eat:
- Depot Diner – Classic American-style, serving breakfast, brunch and lunch.
- Hale Street Tavern – Classic pub fare, plush sushi and an oyster bar.
- Toscana Bar Italiano – Modern gastrobar with extensive wine list.
- Soma - Modern Mediterranean cuisine, serving lunch, dinner and cocktails.
- Tartine Eatery- A relaxed and beautiful European style cafe.
- Barrel House- A neighborhoodbistro specializing in American and French regional cuisine.
- Wrapture- Creative, fresh, made-to-order wraps, stir fry's, burritos, tacos and salads.
- Prides Deli- Voted Beverly's best pizza!
- Vidalias- Fresh local produce, sandwiches and much more!
- Half Baked Cafe- 100% nut free cafe and bakery, serving breakfast, lunch, and everything sweet!
- Cha Cha La Mer- A charming prepared food market nestled in the heart of Beverly Farms.
- Siam Delight- Authentic Thai Cuisine.
- Ellie's Pizza- Mouthwatering pizzeria, includes calzones, subs/sandwiches, and salads!
Beverly has a highly regarded public school system as well as numerous private schools. Mrs. Alexanders’ School serves the pre-kindergarten community, Harborlight-Stoneridge Montessori School (infants-8), the Cape Ann Waldorf School (nursery-8), and Beacon Christian Academy (Pre-K-8). Glen Urquhart School (K-8), Shore Country Day School (Pre-K-9) and St. John the Evangelist School (K1-8) are other options.
Living in Beverly
Discover what is currently on the market in Beverly, MA:
Contact us if you have questions or would like to learn more about Beverly real estate.